Posted on May 28, 2020 8:50 PM
Few marketing strategies to increase brand awareness and sales are as impactful and cost-effective as branded promotional items. With plenty of research that shows the value of these products to small and large companies alike, it’s no wonder that most brand marketing and sales programs include one or more of these valued giveaways.
Branded giveaways are items – such as water bottles, pens, mugs, calendars, and much more – that carry the name, logo, and contact details of a business. They are provided as free giveaways to customers and potential customers at the business’s locations, events they attend and/or sponsor, or via representatives of the company who visit customers and prospects.
There are thousands of promotional products to choose from, ranging from the cost-effective and always-needed branded pens and key chains to t-shirts and other apparel, picnic sets, thermal mugs – the list goes on and on.
So, what happens when customers receive branded giveaways? Plenty, according to the Promotional Products Association International (PPAI). The trade group found several important indicators of how these products boost brand recognition and sales in its online 2019 Consumer Study of 3,000 consumers in the United States and Canada.
· 10 of 10 consumers go out of their way to receive promotional products
· 96% want to know if a company is offering a promotional product
· 82% of consumers said that their perception of a brand changed positively after receiving a promotional item
· 72% equate quality promotional products with the company’s reputation
· 8 in 10 consumers like receiving promotional products
· 79% pass along promotional products they are no longer using
But wait – there’s more. Further research in 2016 conducted by the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) revealed that:
· 94% of consumers say they remember where they received their branded gift
· 89% of consumers can recall the name of the company that gave them the product two years after receiving it.
· 85% of people do business with a company after receiving a promotional item from it
· 6 out of 10 such consumers keep promotional products with them for up to two years
· 58% of consumers keep the promotional items they receive from one year to four years
The ASI has also found branded giveaways to be a much more cost-effective marketing tool for businesses than TV or print advertising. The benchmark used to determine this is “cost per impression.” In advertising, an impression is an estimate of the number of people a specific advertisement is reaching. Each time a person sees the advertisement or brand on a promotional product is considered one impression. The longer a product is kept, the more impressions it will make – both from those who keep the product and others around them who see it.
Branded giveaways have one of the lowest cost per impression ratio – about .6 cents per impression, according to the ASI. Compare this to the cost per impression of television and magazine ads, which is about 1.8 cents per impression. One reason why branded giveaways deliver better on the cost of impressions than other types of advertising is that most consumers keep promotional products for years and give them to others after they are finished using them. Thus, these products deliver many more impressions.
Fully Promoted Specializes in Branded Giveaways
When it comes to deciding on the best branded giveaways for your business, it is important to work with a trusted and creative promotional products company. At Fully Promoted, our local promotional product experts will make appropriate recommendations based on your business’s goals, budget, and timetable. We will ensure that every branded giveaway item is properly branded to represent your business, regardless of the industry. Our personalized service means you are not figuring this out alone – our team will walk you through the process, provide samples, share design options, etc. Contact your local Fully Promoted for the most creative branded giveaways today.