Posted on September 30, 2020 2:32 PM
Support for the fight to eliminate breast cancer takes on special significance every year in October which has been designated Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Your company, team, school, non-profit, and family can raise awareness of the disease, ways to prevent it, combat it, and support patients in need by creating and participating in events geared to achieve these goals.
Many choose to support the work of organizations, such as the American Breast Cancer Foundation and Susan G. Komen for the Cure with fundraising activities that pay for programs targeting uninsured and/or underserved women and men in critical need of help in their survival journey. Other fundraisers target their proceeds toward efforts to decrease mortality rates from breast cancer in these populations and the population overall. All who join the fight against breast cancer wear some form of pink during October and often beyond in support of the cause. You’ll see many supporters wearing a small, looped pink ribbon as they participate in numerous events. These will likely be more challenging to sponsor during COVID-19, but where there is a will to help defeat breast cancer, there will be creative ways to help support that goal.
Your team can support breast cancer cure and awareness, and at the same time, build team spirit and brand awareness by hosting some of your own creative fundraising events and using promotional items that showcase your dedication to the cause. Highlight all of your efforts on social media to get an even bigger bang for your breast cancer support buck. Some creative ways to show your support include:
· Sponsor a walk for the cure – Challenge your team and their supporters to complete a socially-distanced walk event that raises funds with every quarter-mile completed. Offer to match the pledges they receive for the effort and provide breast cancer support and company-branded items for walkers to wear, such as t-shirts, hats, face masks, and silicon bracelets.
· Create a store for the cure – Create your own online company store that has breast cancer cure and company-branded items for sale with proceeds benefitting a breast cancer charity. Provide each employee with a free item, such as a pen, that they can collect via registering at the store and offer to make a contribution to the charity for each product they purchase (i.e., lanyards, water bottles, t-shirts, hats, silicon bracelets, drink tumblers and more).
· Sponsor a company GoFund Me page – Create a GoFundMe page sponsored by your company and reward donations made to a breast cancer charity via the page with “pink” branded promotional items such as tote bags, drawstring bags, USBs, magnets, t-shirts, drinkware, hats, silicon bracelets, lanyards, and more.
· Partner with the American Breast Cancer Foundation to donate and have your company vehicles wrapped in a “pink” theme highlighting your support – Take the idea further by outfitting your employees with similarly branded t-shirts, hats, and pens to use in the campaign.
· Create a year-long matching giving program – Launch a company-sponsored donation program benefiting a breast cancer charity that begins this October and ends next October in which you will match all of your employees’ donations. Celebrate the launch with branded t-shirts heralding your company’s support for the cause.
Your Local Fully Promoted is Where You Will Find the Best Promotional Products to Raise Awareness of the Fight to End Breast Cancer
When you partner with Fully Promoted, you are guaranteed to receive personal attention from our promotional product experts – they can provide recommendations based on your breast cancer campaign or event’s goals, timeline, and budget. Whether you’re looking to order 10 or 10,000 “pink” themed promotional items, we’ve got you covered. Reach out to your local experts at Fully Promoted to discuss the best promotional products to raise awareness of the fight to bring an end to breast cancer.